Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 package tempeh, cut into ¼" strips
- ⅓ cup chipotle marinade (or other favorite marinade)
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ medium onion
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp both salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce (optional)
- ½ slice avocado (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm.
- Place the cut up tempeh and marinade in a large bowl, making sure that each piece of tempeh is coated in the marinade. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, peppers, onions and salt and pepper. Saute until browned and vegetables are just soft.
- Set aside pepper and onion mixture. Wipe out saute pan and then reheat over medium high heat with remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- Add tempeh to pan ensuring that there isn't too much extra marinade left on the tempeh - otherwise it might burn in the pan.
- Sear tempeh on all sides until evenly golden brown. Set aside.
- Place onion and pepper mixture, tempeh and toppings in separate bowls for family style fajitas at the table. Enjoy!