Vanilla & Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lay out the peanuts on a sheet pan covered with a silpat or aluminum foil coated with non stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle honey over nuts and toss to cover most of the nuts.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes. You’ll start to smell the peanuts and they will be just slightly darker in color.
- Immediately place the peanuts along with the seeds of the vanilla bean into the bowl of a food processor. Process that peanuts for about 7-9 minutes. Scraping down the sides every so often.
- Add in the 1-2 tsp vegetable oil in the last minute or two – this helps ensure a silky smooth texture for the peanut butter.
- Note: the nuts will first be ground down into what looks like wet sand. Keep processing the peanuts and they will start to turn into a smoother mixture. Process until you reach your desire smoothness – adding the vegetable oil in at the end will help with this process. However, you can leave the oil out if desired.