Whipped Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ⅓ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup goat cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup chives, minced
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 french baguette, sliced into ½" slices
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, shredded
- Make sure both the cream cheese and goat cheese are at room temperature before proceeding.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with hand held mixer) add in goat cheese, cream cheese and chives. Whip with paddle attachment on high for about 1-2 minutes or until cheeses are thoroughly combined and somewhat fluffy in texture.
- Taste for seasoning and add in enough salt and pepper for your liking. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the basil oil, add in olive oil and shredded basil to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds - 1 min until basil has turned into tiny pieces. Strain through a fine mesh sieve lined with 1-2 layers of cheese cloth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and drizzle liberally with olive oil (not the basil oil). Broil for 2-3 minutes or until bread is lightly golden brown.
- Allow baguette slices to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, spread about 2 tsps of goat cheese mixture on baguette.
- Top with 1-2 slices of cherry tomatoes and drizzle tops with lightly with basil oil.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until needed (allow to come to room temperature for 30 mins before serving if refrigerated)