White Bean & Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large heirloom tomato, large dice
- ¼ cup shredded basil
- ½ cup white beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled Ricotta Salata
- Toasted ciabatta bread
- Mix together the ingredients from garlic clove to pepper in a small bowl. Let this mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes. This allows the garlic to "cook" a bit and the flavors soften a bit and won't be as pungent.
- Toss together the tomatoes, basil, white beans, olive oil, ricotta salata and garlic mixture together. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Serve on top of toasted ciabatta. Drizzle on extra olive oil, more basil or cheese for serving!