White Bean & Olive Stuffed Zucchini
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 large zucchini, sliced length wise. Scoop out the seeds with a melon baller or spoon.
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup packed, fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
- 1 cup white beans
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ + ½ c cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, gently smash the white beans - you can leave some chunks of beans, but smash at least ⅔ of them.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium high heat - spray with cooking spray. Saute onions and spinach until onions are translucent and spinach is cooked through. Add this mixture to the smashed beans.
- Add the olives, 12 c tomato sauce and salt and pepper to the bean and spinach mixture. Toss thoroughly and taste fro seasoning.
- Fill zucchini with bean mixture. Press down with your hands to pack down the filling tightly.
- Drizzle the remaining ½ cup of tomato sauce over the top of the stuffed zucchini. Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is fork tender. Serve immediately.