Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Apples With Balsamic Glaze
One of my all time favorite vegetables is roasted brussels sprouts. I love how they get all golden brown, slightly crispy and nutty. They definitely put the steamed version to shame!
Recently Dario and I ordered a side of roasted brussels sprouts at our favorite pizza place here in Northern Virginia. I was pleasantly surprised with this particular dish. Tossed in with the sprouts were some sliced apples and the whole thing was drizzled with a tangy, sweet balsamic vinegar glaze. These particular sprouts are hands down, my all time favorite preparation.
The apples brought in a nice sweet bite and the balsamic vinegar was tangy and a bit sweet too. Which is great with brussels sprouts since they have a natural bit of a nutty bitter flavor. Getting a bite of apple and sprout all in one bite was amazing. Delicious!
Recreating this dish was pretty simple. I added in some sliced apples and balsamic vinegar half way through roasting a huge batch of brussels sprouts. Then right before serving I added just a touch more balsamic vinegar for an extra tangy kick at the end! Oh and I threw in some crumbled feta. Just because salty cheese is pretty good on everything. It was the perfect addition to this dish!
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to change up those traditional roasted brussels sprouts, this is the way to go! Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Apples With Balsamic Glaze:
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced honey crisp apple
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from the oven and mix in the sliced apples and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine evenly.
- Continue to roast the apples and sprouts for another 15 minutes checking to ensure they do not burn. Sprouts are finished when they are a deep golden brown.
- Remove the apple and brussels sprouts from the oven. Toss with the remaining 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and crumbled feta. Serve immediately!